The Bookkeeping Shop
We focus on the bookwork
so you can focus on sales.
Serving the USA by the numbers…
Here’s what we can do for you:
• Establish your legal entity (corporation, limited liability company, partnership)
• Set up your books using Quickbooks Online, which is the gold standard in bookkeeping. We’re Quickbooks Pros and will give you access to your own books around the clock.
Record all business transactions, including:
• Check disbursements
• BillPay and ACH transactions
• Credit card expenses
• Prepare customer invoices and track accounts receivable
• Record vendor invoices and track accounts payable
• Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and credit card accounts
• Prepare returns and comply with most government tasks, including sales tax, business and occupation tax, personal property tax
• Prepare financial statements monthly, including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flows, transaction history. Provide Management and Discussion (M&D), explaining the results in letter form
• Work at the direction of your CPA or Enrolled Agent tax preparer.
Although we will record your payroll, we don’t prepare payroll, remit liabilities, or do 941 reporting. And you shouldn’t either! Did you know that you and your corporate officers are each financially liable for payroll errors? Many bookkeepers enjoy “doing payroll”. If their employers or clients were aware of the risks associated with “doing payroll” they most likely would leave it to the insured professionals. We can get you discount pricing through ADP. For about $10 per check, you will have the luxury of confidence that the reporting and liability remittances are accurate. ADP will manage any payroll audits at no additional cost.
We don’t prepare income tax returns. We are financial accountants and leave the income tax to the public accountants. We work closely with your public accountant to ensure we are reporting in the format they expect. Your public accountant can be put on distribution for the monthly financial statement package.
We work at less than half the rate your tax preparer charges. You may find that their annual bill for tax preparation is far less than in previous years as we will have done the financial prep work that they won’t have to do. In some cases, we pay for ourselves!
Send Us a Message
The Bookkeeping Shop 2019 – All rights reserved